Modula’s high-density automated vertical storage systems are proving to do more than just save valuable floor space in the truck dealership industry.
Truck dealerships that have implemented automated vertical storage systems have dramatically increased their storage capacity, saving approximately 85% of valuable floor space compared to traditional static storage methods.
Moreover, accuracy and speed in picking operations are key aspects in the truck dealers’ operation. Operators need a correct and fast view of their inventory and availability of good parts to keep vehicle repairs moving forward and avoid mistakes and comebacks.
Thanks to Modula Vertical Lift Modules (VLMs), they can establish far better control of their inventory, improve picking accuracy and significantly reduce the time required to get parts to sales persons and service technicians. The result is more service jobs possible per day as well as lower operational costs.
The size of the products and parts in the truck dealers’ industry presents ergonomic and space claim challenges. Truck dealerships require a large number of parts and components in a wide variety of sizes and weights. Thanks to Modula`s VLMs, large and heavy parts can be stored and organized efficiently and picked and lifted at the optimal working height to guarantee the safety of both products and operators. Modula storage solutions offer a tray load capacity up to 2,200 lbs per tray for the entire range of models regardless of tray width or depth.
Another benefit of the implementation of automated vertical storage systems is the greatly increased picking productivity. Vertical lift modules automatically deliver parts to the picker at an ergonomic height, rather than having the picker go and locate the parts within long aisles of shelving and cabinets. Walking time for parts retrieval is reduced up to 70%, when compared to static shelving.
Benefits at a glance:
- Recovery of Floor Space – Reduce existing parts storage areas by approximately 85%, while being able to store more parts, add more service bays, have a larger showroom, offices, or an area for accessories sales displays
- Increased Operator Productivity – Faster processing of sales and service orders
- Improved Picking & Inventory Accuracy – Achieve inventory accuracy rates up to 99.9% and having improved parts security
- Increased Ergonomics – No climbing, bending or reaching for parts. Bulky and heavy parts are automatically delivered to the optimum ergonomic retrieval height
- Securing tools & spare parts – With controlled restricted access and barcode verification
- Save Cost & Generate new revenue – Create new revenue activities by reclaiming otherwise wasted space and labor
Modula Announces Karmak Integration
Modula is pleased to announce our new integration with Karmak Fusion, a comprehensive software solution tailored to dealers and distributors designed specifically for the heavy-duty industry to handle the varied demands of operating a full-service business.
The integration of Karmak Fusion to the Modula WMS software will provide an exchange of accurate and continuous information between the two systems. Karmak Fusion allows both parts and service orders to be sent directly to the Modula Vertical Lift Module (VLM). With Fusion optimizing the order management, picking and replenishment options are improved, leading to substantial productivity gains.